The long LONG wait is over, RHONY fans! Well, the wait for the Season 6 premiere date, anyways.
Mark your calendars for Tuesday, March 11 @ 9pm!
Granted, that’s still over 2 months away but…there’s more! Bravo will be airing a 30-minute extended sneak peek of the new season on Monday, February 24 @ at 9pm!
Still can’t wait to find out what’s in store for our favorite Big Apple ‘wives this season? Not to worry! Today, Bravo released the super-teaser trailer to hold us over. And boy, is it a doozy. Either they’ve managed to cram every last drop of conflict that is in store for us this season into 2 minutes and 33 seconds or this is only the tip of the drama iceberg.
But, before we get to the trailer, there’s more big news about Season 6. We all thought LuAnn de Lesseps would be returning in her usual full-fledged Housewife capacity, despite what we heard were some delays in her filming schedule due to extended conflict negotiations. As it turns out, her role has been diminished and she is now being slated as a “friend of the Housewives”. Historically, the “friend” role has been either a testing ground for potential incoming Housewives (think Brandi Glanville) or purgatory-like stop for Housewives on their way out altogether (think Camille Grammar). Whatever the explanation and end-game here, LuAnn would have us all believe that it’s for the best. Here’s her explanation:
“The show has been a part of my life for so long,” LuAnn said. “There’s a special place in my heart for the show, for the women, I’m really close to the women on the show. I just made the decision to step back so I can spend more time doing my things with business and my family.
“It’s a win-win for me,” she continued. “I’m still on the show. I’m still very much a part of the show, but it’s not a fulltime thing. It’s very engulfing when you’re on it. It takes up all of your mental and physical energy.”
So, LuAnn will be missing from the first three episodes and then I guess we’ll see how big a role she plays this season. She’s still in a lot of scenes in the trailer (I promise, it’s coming, keep reading!) Another interesting tidbit is that LuAnn is not featured in this season’s promo shot of all the Housewives (see above) but Bravo did release individual shots of her, just like the ones of the other ladies:
But wait, who is that last blonde bombshell in the sassy lace jumpsuit? That would be Season 6 newbie addition: Kristen Taekman. BravoWatch first reported she’d be joining the cast months ago and I’ve had some twitter hints from her as well but we finally have more info about Kristen now! Born in Connecticut and a working model since age 16, she is a mother of two children (Cash, 5, and Kingsley, 10) and happily married to her husband of ten years, Josh. She’s also a successful entrepreneur: in 2009, she launched a line of high-end greeting card boxes called 2nd Street Press. Bravo also shared 11 fun facts about Kristen, straight from the new girl herself:
1. I am obsessed with Elvis Presley
2. I am not a natural blonde.
3. I don’t, won’t, can’t cook.
4. I haven’t had a cup of coffee in five years.
5. I have three tattoos.
6. I drink hot herbal tea all day long.
7. I am superstitious.
8. I lived in Paris for three years modeling.
9. I started on varsity basketball team as a freshman in high school.
10. Halloween is my favorite holiday.
11. My husband Josh proposed to me in the Sheep Meadow at Central Park.
So, that’s Kristen!
Anyways, back to the super trailer. Of course, I’ve got some commentary on what you’re about to see but I’ve kept you waiting long enough so I’ll hold my thoughts until after. Without further ado:
Let me just say WOW, right?!?! Sonja told me Season 6 will have everything and she wasn’t kidding. First of all, why WOULDN’T we kick off a Housewives trailer with a “bag of caviar!!”? Keep it rolling with plenty of “woohoo”ing, pop the bubbly, and don’t forget to hide the vibrator. I won’t go into the play-by-play since you guys just saw the video (and, if you’re anything like me, you’re going to watch it a few more times before this day is done!) but I will point out a few noteworthy highlights:
1) Ramona is in tears and it looks like it’s not for the reason the tabloids seem to think she should be (Mario cheating rumors in case you’ve been living on another planet). Her daughter Avery leaves for college this season and it looks like it’ll be an emotional goodbye for the Singer fam.
2) Someone is staying married and someone is getting divorced. Who? Can’t tell. Looks like some potential marital issues between newbie Kristen and her hubby but then we also see Heather in tears and, later, being accused of bossing her husband around. Hmmm….
3) Could there be trouble in paradise for Sonja and Ramona? Sonja tells Ramona she needs her to be a friend. My guess is that’s about as far as that argument goes, but I guess we’ll see!
4) Speaking of Sonja, it looks like she’ll be keeping us on our toes this season. We’ll see her performing scantily clad in a burlesque show. (Girl looks GOOD at 50!) We’ll also see her in tears dishing on some drama with mystery man “Harry”, who we can only assume is Harry Dubin, aka Aviva’s ex hubby. Last season, we found out that both Sonja and LuAnn had a history with Aviva’s ex, and Sonja was reportedly seen canoodling with Harry Dubin earlier in 2013. Can’t wait to see how that one unfolds!
5) The ladies head out west. We see the Housewives having a cowgirl vacay trip and they’re headed to Montana. They look pretty out of place and we know they always pack plenty of drama in their Louis Vuitton suitcases so it should be pretty great.
6) Things turn violent. Kristen and Ramona get into it mid-swim/canoeing excursion and Ramona throws a glass (probably recently emptied of pinot) at Kristen’s face and *gasp! she’s bleeding. Cue the ambulance sound effect. Then, in the trailer’s grand finale, it looks like Heather and Aviva are having a heated debate and (more gasping) somehow Aviva’s leg comes off. Did Heather rip it off her in the brawl? Did Aviva remove her leg and wield it as a weapon? Only time and a few glasses of pinot will tell!
Well, there you have it folks! Of course I left out a multitude of other fights but, as I said before, go ahead and watch the trailer a few more times to get a fuller picture of who is hating on who this season. The bottom line is that it looks like nobody is going to escape the drama this time around. Even typically well-adjusted Carole gets into the fray so we know it’s going to be a wild ride.
What are your thoughts on The Real Housewives of New York Season 6? All I know is March 11 can’t come soon enough!